Translate

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Poem: No Ifs About It

Information and comments on the story:

No Ifs About It

Life Will Get You in the End:
Short Stories by David Satterlee

from the book: Life Will Get You in the End:
Short stories by David Satterlee

Find out more, including where to buy books and ebooks

Read or download this story as a PDF file at: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4eNv8KtePyKV0ZYSzVqbmg5M3M/edit?usp=sharing

An indecent (ie: not ready for prime time) proposal. A young man practices proposing (to his sister's stuffed doll, from the sounds of it). He probably shouldn't try this one on a real girl. Birdies and puppies and fish, oh my!  


No Ifs About It

If I had a little bird
Who sang a song to me,
Then I would build a home for it
Hung high up in a tree.
   Or
If I had a puppy dog
Who’d cry in pure delight
Then I would lay a rug for it
So it could sleep at night.
   Or
If I had a bowl of fish
Who'd swim and flit around
Then I would make their water fresh
And keep them safe and sound.
   But
If I had you here with me
I’d love you for all time.
And I would share my life. I would
Be yours and you’d be mine.
                                 February 29, 1972
 

No comments:

Post a Comment