Translate

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Poem: Climbing the psychosocial spiral

Information and comments on the essay:


Poem: Climbing the psychosocial spiral

From the book: Chum for Thought: Throwing Ideas into Dangerous Waters by David Satterlee

Find out more, including where to buy books and ebooks
Read or download this essay as a PDF file at: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4eNv8KtePyKdjE4dk5wX2s0QVk/edit?usp=sharing

Climbing the #psychosocial spiral #DonBeck #SpiralDynamics

Read by the author:



Chum For Thought:
Throwing Ideas into Dangerous Waters

Poem: Climbing the psychosocial spiral

The way I am is better than how I have ever been.
I really am more satisfied with now than some past when.
I’m smarter than I used to be; as smart as I know how.
I don’t think one should need to be beyond where I am now.

But if once I have moved beyond the history of my past,
My progress to my here and now just might not be my last.
As I have struggled to transcend the problems I have met,
I must admit I should expect to meet more problems yet.

Although my errors led me to the way that I should go,
I don’t suppose “the hard way” is the only way to know.
Perhaps a search outside myself will shed a better light.
Have others come before me? Could they lead me out of night?

I should have the guessed; the path I tread has been traversed before,
By some who mastered lessons I’d be foolish to ignore.
If I care to examine all the best that they can tell,
I needn’t struggle near as hard in order to do well.

David Satterlee

No comments:

Post a Comment